If I had a dollar for every time someone has said to me, “You’re always smiling,” I wouldn’t be writing this blog right now. Well, maybe I would be since it’s a message I believe is worth spreading, but I’d certainly be writing it on a beach, surrounded by palm trees, probably while sipping some Mai Tais.
It’s quite true … it’s hard to catch me without a smile, and I’m sure it may appear to some who don’t know me too well that my life is always carefree. However, my life isn’t carefree by any means. I’ve been through some things, just like most, that would most likely make your head spin. I have good days and I have bad moments. Despite these moments, I choose happiness over sadness and anger; it’s a much more constructive way to utilize my energy. HAPPINESS HAS BECOME A HABIT FOR ME.
It’s not always easy for me to put a smile on, but whenever I don’t feel like grinning, I remind myself of a few things:
- There is so much to be thankful for. If you’re reading this, you are alive. You have your sight. For crying out loud, you have access to the Internet! (By the way, did you know that only 51% of the planet has Internet access?) Be thankful. Direct your focus to the positives in your life, the big and the small.
- No matter what I’m going through, there’s someone out there who wishes they had my issues instead of theirs. No matter how bad things seem at the moment, it could be worse.
- Whatever life hands me, whether it’s good or bad, is shaping me into who I’m meant to be. Embrace everything that you have been dealt … and be grateful for it.
- Forcing a smile upon your face is an instant mood booster for those around you … and for yourself, too. Try smiling at a stranger and I guarantee that you will instantly feel a boost in your mood, and it will be almost impossible for the other person to not smile back. Energies are contagious. Spread good energy.
- All that matters is this very moment. Right now. You can’t control what’s already happened and worrying about something that hasn’t even happened – and probably won’t – is totally useless.
All of these points help me maintain myself on the inside, and I believe in maintaining myself on the outside, too. Just like you aim to maintain your weight and your hair color, you should also take care of your teeth before they become too difficult to fix. Being a person who smiles quite often, maintaining a bright smile is something that’s important to me. My teeth were already pretty white before starting Smile Brilliant, but thanks to the multiple cups of coffee I require to function as a 40 year-old mom of 3, they weren’t as white as they could have been.
I’ve tried other whitening kits in the past, which worked, but left my sensitive teeth and gums feeling sore. The strips I’ve tried have been so thin and sticky, and easily slid off, which was uncomfortable and made it difficult to talk while whitening. Smile Brilliant, developed by dental professionals, is quite unique and appealing for several reasons: their whitening trays are comfortable and custom fit to your mouth, and the company offers a special follow-up “desensitizing gel.” Prior to writing this blog, I’ve used the whitening gel and desensitizing gel five times; my smile is even brighter and my teeth and gums aren’t sore AT ALL. Smile Brilliant’s trays also allow you to whiten ALL of your teeth, not just the ones in the front. Here’s how it all works …
The starter kit that Smile Brilliant sent to me consisted of materials for me to create molds of my upper and lower teeth. The pastes were incredibly simple to mix and apply; it couldn’t have been easier to do. I popped the molds I made into the envelope they provided and mailed them back to Smile Brilliant. My molds were used to create lightweight trays that fit my mouth PERFECTLY. I then used the whitening and desensitizing gels according to the directions for five nights. I left the whitening gel on for 45 minutes and then the desensitizing gel for 15-20 minutes.
After 5 applications, I’m happy to report that my teeth are brilliantly white and the whole process was easy and painless. It’s not easy for me to carve out time for myself during the day; it was so simple to slide the trays into my mouth after I got the kids into bed, and then whitened while I folded laundry or did some work on my computer.
I’d recommend Smile Brilliant to anyone with a busy lifestyle who’s serious about his or her smiling game; men and women who get that there’s (almost) always a reason to smile. You may have to dig deep sometimes, but choosing happiness is always worth the effort. Once you get the hang of it, leaning towards a life filled with chosen happiness becomes more of a habit. MAKE HAPPINESS YOUR HABIT.
P.S. I HAVE EXCITING NEWS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO GIVE WHITENING A TRY! The kind people of Smile Brilliant are giving away a T-3 SENSITIVE TEETH WHITENING SYSTEM (value of $149) to 1 lucky Stylish Mama follower! To enter, CLICK HERE.
For bonus entries, make sure you’re following me on my social media outlets! On Instagram and Facebook, be sure to “like” my posts and tag some friends! If you follow me on Twitter, re-tweet my post for extra brownie points. GOOD LUCK!
** Contest closes on April 25, 2018 and is open to residents of the USA, UK, Australia, and Canada. The winner will be selected by Smile Brilliant.
To receive 15% off storewide, use code: stylishmamablog15