*Consciousness educator and energy practitioner, Nicole Linn, helps us clear out the crap and start fresh this fall.*
I am a very spiritual person. I believe everyone and everything is connected and that we need to keep our hearts open to the messages all around us. If you pay attention, you’ll be amazed at how everything flows and guides us. I love to have conversations with anyone who is open to chatting about this, so clearly, Nicole is someone who’s right up my alley. I find her fascinating for several reasons, but mainly because she’s super-spiritual … and she covers up curse words in her writing with asterisks. It’s the Jersey in us … and it feels like home. Get your smudge sticks and your lighters ready … Nicole is going to help us clear out all the crap! – Liza XO
Burn, Baby, Burn! How to Clear Your Space of Lingering Negative Energy
A guest blog by “Spiritual Mama,” Nicole Linn
Sage! Palo Santo! Sweet Grass, oh my!!!
It’s the number one question I’m asked …
“How do I sage my home?”
I also get, “Can I use palo santo instead because sage smells like ___?” LOL.
You may have wondered yourself why you should burn this stuff, and when is the best time? Inquisitive minds with a pull toward spiritual growth are the ones filling my inbox with these types of questions.
People typically tend to talk about this topic and ask about the ins and outs of the process after they’ve had houseguests, a party, or even just some “stop by” company.
Well, people carry all sorts of energy with them. Energy has the ability to linger long past the source of it has gone, thus affecting the vibe in your space. Ever had the feeling, or even said aloud, “Jeez, that person is so draining?” That phrase in and of itself is totally talking about energy. It’s not weird to feel that way; it’s actually a pretty cool thing because it means you’re super-aware of yourself and your energetic field. You are increasing your consciousness!
So, here we are … summer is out, September is here. School has sprung, and we are given yet another opportunity to start fresh. What a wonderful feeling! Along with all the “new” this time of year brings, why don’t we add a “high vibin’ space” to all of it?! This is a perfect time to clear out all that stagnant energy and get everything flowing again.
Here are the basic steps for clearing your abode of unwanted sh*t …
CLEARING YOUR SPACE
The way our space feels is pivotal to our wellbeing. When I say “space” I am referring to any area that’s yours. Obviously, your home is the first and foremost area that needs constant clearing, and you also should clear the space where you work. Basically, any area that you spend a significant amount of time living in, needs to be cleared periodically.
Wouldn’t it be great if you were calling me every week to clear your space for you? Abso-fu**ing-lutely! But, I know that is just not realistic. What is realistic is to do it yourself! You might be wondering how … and I’m going to teach you!
White pillar candle
White sage bundle
Palo santo stick
1. Be alone.
2. Light the candle
3. Sit comfortably, close your eyes and focus on your breathing. If any thoughts come into your mind, acknowledge them and release them. Once you feel peaceful, light your sage bundle.
4. Wave the lit sage around your body. (This clears your energy field.)
5. Walk through each room of your home, holding the burning sage. As you go to each corner of the room, ask for all negative energies to be rid from the space. Open the window as you are doing this. Visualize the energy as a dark smoke leaving the space.
6. Continue this process throughout your home.
7. Once each room is completed, go back to where you started. Snuff out the sage.
8. Light your palo santo (this is a bit difficult to do – be patient! Once it catches fire, let it burn for a few seconds and blow the flame out. Now it should be burning like incense.)
9. Walk through your home with the burning palo santo in gratitude. Visualize beautiful white diamond light flooding your space. Close your windows as you do this.
10. Return to your starting space and say aloud, “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”
How often should you do this?
Whenever you feel called to, honestly. You are an extremely aware being … listen to yourself … not what’s going on in your head … listen to your heart. If you feel your space needs it, then clear it!
Nicole Linn is a consciousness educator and energy practitioner in Bergen County, New Jersey. For more information about Nicole’s services and to book a consultation, visit her website (www.nicolealinn.com).
Curious how it all goes down? For some videos and photos of Nicole saging my home, check out @stylishmama!
There’s more where this came from! Head back to the Stylish Mama site!